Sunday, June 24, 2012
Brady's 13th Birthday
Wow...we finally became parents of a teenager. And all this boy wanted for his birthday was a cell phone and a Facebook account. Oh the life of a deprived teenager. We actually had B's cell phone for about 2 weeks before the big day...but we are great at keeping secrets ;-) So with the phone all charged, Nate went and planted it under his pillow at about 5am. He let it ring and ring...but no answer. He went back down and put it closer to his ear. Now for the 2nd call...I'll never forget that tired 'Hello?' and us saying 'Happy Birthday Brady!' and the sincere heartfelt 'THANK YOU!' He immediately came upstairs with a HUGE smile on his face. Then went back to bed and the texting began. His 1st text to Nate was...'How many texts do I have per month?' Nate said 200...then started texting H...A...P...P...Y...B...I...R...T...H...D...A...Y. He texted back something to the effect of 'Stop wasting my texts' Hehe...then Nate told him it was unlimited. Too funny. He still tops us every month with almost 2,000 texts.
We honestly didn't have any plans for a party because he was so fixated on getting a phone and FB account...he didn't want to talk about anything else. So that morning, I told Brady to ask some friends at school if they would like to go to a movie after school (it was a minimal day thank goodness), and then come back to our house for dinner. Ryan, Ben, and Derek are some great friends of Brady's and they had a great time just hanging out eating and going to the movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to the teen parent club! It's a fun club. :) I'm glad to see that the Broadhead tradition of taking a bite out of the cake is still going strong. Sounds like a fun birthday!
Post a Comment