Monday, May 04, 2009

Zack's Baptism


Zack and Dad on the big day.

Brett Clayson, Caleb, Zack and Nate all ready for the Baptism.

Caleb and Zack....best buddies!

Zack with Great Grandma and Grandpa Adams.

Jacob and Jace....Caleb's and Zack's little brothers...these two are best buddies also!

Hannah and Rachel, these are the Easter dresses that I made for the girls. Since we were out of town on Easter, this is the only shot I have of them in their 'matching dresses.'
Zack and Mom on his Baptism day.

Wow, April has been a busy month. There are so many things that I havn't had the time to blog. So I will start with one of the most important, and then work my way backwards. (Hopefully I can get caught up before the end-of-school happenings all start ;-) Zack was baptized Saturday, May 2nd 2009. He was so excited and anxious for the big day. I thought April was going to be a long and dreary month for him, since he turned 8 on April 8th, but it came soon enough and the wait was well worth it. The day was beautiful, even with all the rain. When we walked out of the Stake Center at 6:00 pm, the sun was shinning for the first time all day. We had a great family party at our house afterwards. But what made the day even better, is that Caleb Clayson, one of Zack's good friends was also baptized. We just love the Clayson's and hang out with them as much as we can, so it was wonderful to share the day with them. Brady also played a paino solo and duet with his piano teacher Stephanie Reid during the interlude of the baptism. I'm sure proud of his accomplishment of learning to play the piano. (But I think I was more nervous than him when the time came to play.) One special memory I have of Zack's baptism, is when Bishop Mazeika was up in front talking to Zack and Caleb after their confirmations, he asked Zack who loved him besides all of these people in the room. He answered correctly and said, "Heavenly Father." That is something that I have always tried to drill into my kids' heads, since that is what my dad always asked us while we were growing up. So I am glad that Zack remembers, and I hope that he always will! We sure love you Zack and we are so proud of you for making such a great choice to be baptized!

6 comments:

Kim said...

What a neat day for Zack and the rest of your family.

Lené and David said...

That's so cool!

Amy said...

What a special day for you guys! He is absolutely adorable, and you look so dang pretty Sara. I'm excited for you guys, we have a baptism this year too, can't wait.

Lisa Alger said...

Happy Day!! Congrats. And the dresses are adorable. You are so talented.

Jen said...

I LOVE baptisms. You all look so great! How fun to have a buddy baptized on the same day, too. I love the dresses you made for your girls.

Hatch Family said...

what a fun and special day!