School Parade
Brady designed his shirt, and I thought that was all he was going to wear...but of course the morning of he and his friend Mitchell wanted to jazz things up a bit with some Halloween makeup.
Zack was a pilot...thanks to his Uncle Kyle Holmes' old costume. We did make a leather pilots helmet and goggles to add to the costume, but he opted to not wear them at the last minute.
After MUCH deliberation...Rachel decided to be a 50's girl...I stayed up late the night before sewing her skirt to wear the next day.
Ward Trunk or Treating. Even though this is a trunk or treating the night before, most people try and think up something different to hand out other than candy. There was a 'scary movie' playing on the side of the church...fresh popcorn popped over an open fire...hot chocolate...roasting bread on sticks over a fire...and we decided to 'bob for apples'. What a great time we had. A lot of the kids had never even tried it before, and they kept coming back to try and get their apple. Luckily we always hold it in the parking lot so there isn't a lot of clean up.
They didn't want to try for an apple...but were pretty excited about the candy they got.
Ready for a soggy Trick or Treat!
Hannah loves to wear her rainboots...especially since she can put them on herself...they worked well since it was pouring rain on Trick or Treat night.
A Princess and her Knight
The Princess and her Frog
A Frog, Princess and a Knight...I'm glad I can get 3 of them to be a theme.
A cute little frog.
A Pretty Princess
A Handsome Knight
Rock and Roll 50's girl
Fighter Pilot
Am I getting too old for this?
Dang that's a lot of kiddos!
Jace and Hannah's loot.
Maybe I shouldn't let Nate take the kids out next year...he brought in a stray kitty from the rain. We feed and kept it over night...but when we opened the garage the next morning, she ran out and was adopted by our neighbors...I was kind of glad. Not really ready to train another kitty
Zack and Brady's loot...I still can't believe how much stuff they can come back with.
No comments:
Post a Comment