Friday, May 02, 2014

Our Home

No this isn't about our home here in Alabama. I've still got boxes to unpack ;) So until that happens...I'm waiting to take pictures. We do love it, love the neighborhood, and ward that have all welcomed us with open and loving arms. But I wanted to write a bit about our home in PG. As most of you know, Nate and I poured our heart and souls into that home. We remodeled 95% of it before we left. We really did want to 'cash in' and use that money to buy a home here in Alabama free and clear, for a couple of reasons...because we did put our heart and souls into our PG home our kids and our bank account took the toll. Most Saturdays were spent on project after project, inside and out. Luckily we didn't go into any debt to fix it up, but it didn't leave a whole lot of money for trips and vacations. I don't feel like our kids ever missed out though...we did have fun in the almost 8 years we did live there. In fact with what we learned and the work ethic that I hope we installed in our kids, I hope it will pay off more than a trip to Disneyland. We had a few inquiries before we left, but nothing solid. So we decided to rent it out. After meeting with a property manager the week before we were to leave, I felt that it was the right thing to do. We could make a couple of double house payments, but not for long. As we were finishing up loading the truck on Thursday, we had a knock on our door. Jill and Mike Butt. They had tried to get ahold of our PM, but couldn't... so living close (in our stake actually) they were prompted to come up to the house. We showed them around, talked about the house, their family of 12, and what their situation was. I don't mind saying that there were a few tears shed, from both parties. Friday morning our PM called and told us more about them and the events that led them to us and to be able to rent out our house. I don't feel like I can say EVERYTHING right now, but I will say this. Heavenly Father had this plan for both our families, and sent the right people at the right time to make sure that plan followed through. It was absolutely AMAZING to sit back and discuss with Nate the events that took place in just those couple of days. Nate called Mike last night and they had a great chat about what had happened and of course talked about things pertaining to our house. I'm glad they are there...taking care of it and loving it just as much as we did. (Besides...we left 6 free chickens and a cat...what more could you want?) Here is a picture that my sweet neighbor sent to me saying: I'm super impressed with your renters...they're out there sweeping and weeding.

1 comment:

Jennifer Stafford Photography said...

We wondered what you had done with your home! How neat to be able to bless another family like that. Your PG home is gorgeous, and I know how much work you all put in to it. I'm glad you could find people who will appreciate it. ;)