Thursday, February 04, 2010

Lessons to be Learned

Today was 'Sports' day at the elementary school. Since Brady is older, and has played on more than just 'rec' league teams, he has a number of jerseys. (We have a ton of Jr Jazz jerseys, and soccer jerseys and whatever else they have all played in.) But the 'cool' thing to wear is a 'real jersey'. So of course Zack and Rachel asked Brady if they could borrow one of his jerseys to wear to school. He didn't want to let either of them, but did so grudgingly. To top it off, Rachel asked to wear the matching Yankees hat, and Brady got pretty upset. Of course that made me frustrated and told Brady to just take his stuff, and I'd find something else for Rachel to wear. (See...I knew he had to go to school early for choir this morning, and I'd have to take him, so I was planning on just telling him to 'hoof it' when the time came. Enter evil laugh...hehehe!) A little tough love never hurt, I guess.

But it didn't go as planned, thank goodness. Before too long, Brady had set the jersey and hat on Rachel's bed...without me or Nate saying anything. And this is what I found next: Brady helping Rachel with her hair. I tell ya that kid is one in a million. He can be such a leader at times and just AWESOME, and other times I think "Are you raised by a pack of wolves?" I'm glad he figured it out on his own. Even Nate told me to just let them work it out, so I did and all's well that end's well. Brady and I had a good talk on the way to school, about how good he felt after making the right choice in sharing with his sister and brother. Ahhh...the joys of parenting.


What a sweetie he can be.

Brady, Rachel and Zack ready for sports day.


Also this morning, I walked down the hall towards the library and found Nate and Zack, sitting on the floor, next to the coffee table all set up for a tea party. Just the two of them. I just bust out laughing, because I knew who had set them up...but left them high and dry. They were trying to be nice and keep Hannah occupied, and of course she wanted to play 'pee potty' (her pronunciation for Tea Party). I guess they had sent her to find me and invite me to come and play, but she got distracted with her cereal and didn't say a word to me. So I guess the lesson to be learned here is, Hannah loves to party...but only when it is convenient for her.
It just totally caught me off guard to see these two set up for a tea party with no little girl in tow!


I didn't get a picture of it this morning, but here is a picture of Zack and Hannah having a tea party. All the kids are so good to 'obey her every whim', and keep her occupied for me for a little while. The boys will even say...this is kinda fun!

6 comments:

Jen said...

You have such cute kids. I'm glad Brady let Rachel wear his stuff. CUTE pic of him helping her! Don't you love when they figure those things out on their own? And that whole Tea (pee) party story made me laugh. I miss having teeny little girls :)

Kerrilyn said...

Oh my goodness, Rachel looks just like JoAnna in the picture of Brady doing her hair.
Don't ya just love it when it all turns out?

Elena said...

Your kids make me smile. I love the story about Brady - especially fixing Rachel's hair. Tom doesn't even try -much less a brother.

sean said...

O so cute!! See if I could insure that my kids would be like yours...maybe we'd have some;)

BriAnna Jenkins said...

I'm passing you an award!
http://briannajenkins.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/blog-award/

BriAnna Jenkins said...

What a small world! Who is your ENT? I think my only advice so far is to have a low deductible, ha ha. This thing is costing a pretty penny, but hopefully it will be worth it! We are having random outbursts of hysterical crying, but I am told that is from burping and it should stop hurting in a day or two. Here's hoping!!