We are about ready to start fall soccer, and this will be Jace's 2nd year. He had his first soccer practice yesterday morning, and Nate surprised him with brand new shin guards in the morning. Oh he was excited! So he went to soccer practice, and kept them on until we went swimming. But when we came home and he changed back into his clothes...he of course had to put the shin guards back on. When I asked him why he said, "I won't wear them swimming mom!" I guess just everywhere else. We also agreed, in the same conversation, that he wouldn't wear them to church. And when he went down stairs to get ready for bed....guess what was still adorning his legs...yup spider man trunks, shin guards, and socks.
But an even sweeter conversation actually happened with Nate, just after dinner last night. Nate was out working on the deck, and Jace went out to help him.
Jace: "Dad, why do you love me?"
Nate: "For lots of reasons....why do you love me?"
Jace: "Because you bought me shin guards."
Nate: Then Nate took the opportunity to tell Jace why a he loves him (too many to add right here.)
I guess if all it takes is a pair of shin guards to make the boy happy, we'll cruise right through the teen years.
Here also is a picture of Jace with one of his favorite uncle's... Uncle Brandon on the 24th of July. (He must love Uncle Brandon, because Brandon has dogs and we don't.) Last weekend we went down to the cabin with the whole family and had a great time. Well, Brandon and Ashlee needed to take their 2 dogs for a walk, and of course had an entourage of kids that wanted to go. I stayed back with Hannah, and Brandon was good enough to give Jace a ride on his shoulders. Well during their walk/hike, Jace started to pass gas. Brandon didn't say anything, but could feel it of course.
Then Jace started to giggle, and said, "I farted on you, Uncle Brandon."
Brandon replied, "Yep and that's why your getting off." (At least he's a good sport.)
Jace of course thought it was hilarious (that's the joy of having older brothers I guess.) We've talked alot about bodily functions with this boy...but I'm sure it will be an ongoing discussion.

Jace, of course like all kids, has his moments where he does pinch a fit. It is usually because of something that I won't let him do. But I'm past giving in to every childs' whim, so he just has to get over it.
He usually responds with a, "Mom, you're just making me so mad."
But one day a few weeks ago, instead of his usual saying he said, "Mom, you're just breaking my heart."
Which of course melted my heart, but I still didn't give in. I just smiled and gave him a huge hug. We sure love this kiddo!
1 comment:
Definitely Hayden's long lost twin. I love the things these crazy little boys say. I wish I could write everything down ;)
Post a Comment