Monday, August 02, 2010

Run - Nate - Run

I've been wanting to write about Nate's awesome running 'skillz', but each time I asked him or mentioned it...he said it wasn't 'blog worthy'...or something to that affect. HA!

Nate signed up earlier this year to run for Team Mozy in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay in June, and also a friend/ward team for the Red Rock Relay in September (I was going to run that too...but other circumstances are holding me back...sniff..sniff.) If he isn't playing basketball...he's running. He runs during lunch at work.. instead of eating, he has also ran home from work a few times (a mere 7 or 8 miles)...and then I take him back to pick up his car. I think he has trained well, and definately deserves a blog post for himself.

On June 12th, he ran the Provo River 10 miler race in preparation for Ragnar. He did AWESOME and took 1st in his age group (ages 35-39). His time was 1:13:14....which averages out to 7:19 minute miles. That rocket-paced speed also made him 12th overall....out of about 300-400 people. (Needless to say, when his relay team members heard about how awesome he did...they all let out a sigh of relief, since they know he'll pick up the slack for them...wink...wink.)

I don't know his exact times for his 3 legs during Ragnar...but he loved each and every run, and felt good about how his entire team performed. He got a new app for his iPhone that tells him time/distance/elevation/pace...etc...etc...during his runs. But it will also speak comments to him from friends, while he is running via Facebook. He said that was great motivation and fun to play with.

Here are a couple of pictures from Ragnar. Can't wait to see how his team will do during Red Rock Relay in September.



4 comments:

Elena said...

So, yes, Nate is awesome. Go Nate. But even more awesome is the 6 month pregnant lady embarking on King's Peak. Crazy cool.

The Andersen Family said...

That is AWESOME! GO NATE!

Amy said...

So inspiring, send some of his awesome motivation and love for running this way would ya! Cool pics!

Shana Lynn said...

Way to Go Nate!!!!