Monday, August 16, 2010

Cousin Craziness

In June, my sister Emma and her husband were attending girls camp for their ward, and asked if we could watch their 4 kids' ages 10, 6, 4/5 (Mitchell had a birthday while he was at our house ;-), and 1. Boy was it a lot of work, but the kids absolutely loved it. I made sure that we had plenty of activities, which made for some crazy days, but boy did those kids crash at bedtime. (They also ate really good, which I worried about having so many different types of eaters.) Luckily it was Strawberry Days here in PG, and combined with baseball, swimming, a birthday party, we had plenty to do. (I can hardly believe I took 9 kids swimming by myself, but it turned out great with the help of Brady and Zack.)

We had a great time hanging out with our cousins for a week and I'm so grateful that my kids consider their cousins their 'Best Friends'.


I've said it before and I'll say it again...sandbox's are worth their weight in gold. I love it when I find my 5 kiddos out there playing together...but what was even better was to find all 9 kids playing together nicely that week.

Mitchell and Jace at the library summer program. (I love PG library for this, they go for an hour listen to stories and make a craft, and also earn a treat.)

1 comment:

Hatch Family said...

you are wonder woman! 9 kids would have killed me.