Sunday, November 07, 2010

Brady and Zack's 1st 5K

The morning of October 30th, Nate, Brady and Zack all got up bright and early and ran the 5K Fundraiser for the AF Swimteam. And still as Nate and I talk about it...we are so proud of those boys. (We tried to remember the 1st time we ran 3.2 miles, and we both knew it was well into our high school or college careers.)

Brady's finishing time was 28 minutes and Zack's was 29 min and 45 seconds. Nate of course finished in 22 minutes in the top 10...and ran back to encourage both B and Z to the end. He said that as he was running the last lap with the boys, that he said, "Come on...you've got to finish under 30 minutes." That got their legs movin'. And they were so excited when they both came in under 30 minutes. They ran diligently during the summer, but with school in session, they havn't had much of a chance to. But I guess that is where football and soccer have helped to keep up their endurance.

I hope they keep with running, and find it as fun as Nate and I do. All 3 won raffle prizes, and they were pretty happy about that. (Kind of helps with motivation.) Now we are looking into a couple of Turkey Trots for Thanksgiving Weekend. Can't wait!


Zack and Brady before the race.

Nate finishing the race...22 minutes...but not his best time ;-)

Brady finishing at 28 minutes.

Zack finishing under 30 minutes...Nate loved the look of relief on his face as he crossed the finish line.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, first of all how adorable is your little Seth! Seriously Sara, you have the most beautiful kiddos ever! Congrats on the race and Halloween looks like so much fun, Whew.....just wears me out seeing you with all those kiddos. You are one amazing little momma you know!

Jen said...

How fun!! I have a kid who would LOVE to get into running... I wish I was more of a runner ;)