Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jace's Soccer 2011


I can't believe we had only one kid in soccer this year. But we've gotten to the point that if they really don't want to play, why force them? As long as they are interested in something and being active, I'm okay with letting them choose what they want to participate in. Jace, however, is a lot like Brady where he wants to do EVERYTHING. This was his 3rd year of soccer, because I begged for him to be able to play before he was 3, and I promised to coach ;-) You can tell he is one of the older kids' on the team, but he still has a long way to go. Every game he would slide to kick the ball at least 5 or 6 times. (He thought it looked cool and was more dramatic.) It drove me crazy, because he would be so close to making a goal, just not close enough. He was super fast at getting down the field, but we need to work with him on 'shooting' his goals. He was also a great defender, and helped assist his team mate 'Joe' in making lots of goals. He says that soccer is his 2nd favorite sport (out of the ones he has been able to play)...right behind wrestling!


Sliding to kick the ball...at least this was a good thing while defending his teams' goal.

Always protecting the goal.

In this game our teams' star player 'Joe' was gone, so it was all left up to Jace to make goals. At the end of the game he said, 'I sure hope that tall boy with the black hair isn't there next time.' He gave Jace a run for his money...but we still won the game.

Here is another sliding picture...I was tempted to bribe him not to slide. Maybe next year.

Good job Jace, way to work hard at something you love!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aw, that's awesome! I wish Hayden was that into it. He still hasn't figured out if he likes ANY sport, let alone which one. LOL!! He likes the sports of "digging" and "building." I love the sliding picture. So cute :)