Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Labor Day 2011


I can't believe that this is the only picture I have from Labor Day...even my birthday. (I do have lots of video though...since that is what I got for my birthday...a new digital video camera...sa-weet!)

Growing up as a little girl, we always had a Labor Day quilt that everyone would help tie up at my Granny and Pa's cabin. Now this was just not any quilt...picture the most horrid, mis-matched material, and yet it was still in great condition and that is what made up the highly coveted cabin quilt. (I remember my parents or Aunts and Uncles saying...wasn't this Pa's coat...or was this that polyester leisure suit from the mid-60's?) Yes it probably was, because Granny didn't throw away ANYTHING...let alone high quality material! And we all wanted the quilt badly! We always felt jilted when a baby won it, and didn't know any different. Sigh. I never did win a cabin quilt, but I did get a blanket of Granny's when she passed away in 2001. So I'm okay with that.

Anyhoo...my mom started up the tradition again this year and she decided to have one girl winner and one boy winner. So Brady and Kaila were the lucky ones this year!

No comments: