Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FHE at the "G"



About 1/2 way through the hike...all smiles, but Hannah is long gone. She pretty much slept the whole trip up.



Still sleeping, she did finally wake up and enjoy the view, and some Oreo's!


I tried to mark on the picture our house behind the trees below, and you can see the roof of our shop.

Enjoy the view and a snack!





Well it has been 3 years since we moved into our home in Pleasant Grove. And when I tell people of the location of our place of residence, I always say, 'Right under the G'. But can you believe that we had never hiked to the 'G' as a family? Crazy, huh? We've talked about it many times, but something always comes up. So last night for FHE, Nate came home and said, "Let's go hike to the 'G'!" We heard cheers from everyone. (Except from me, only because Nate and I drove to Orem early that morning to drop off his mom's car at a mechanics, and ran home...just a mear 5 miles, until we hit 1500 East, which was a huge hill.) Anyhow, the kids were very enthusiatic during about 98% of the hike....the last steep incline, is where we heard some whining from Rachel, and Jace said, "Mom, my legs hurt." But I was so impressed with their dedication to make it to the top, and now we can all finally say, "We hiked to the 'G'!"

3 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! I have NEVER hiked to the G. I've done the "Y", but never the G. I'm glad you all made it. What a fun idea for FHE!

Kerrilyn said...

We did that quite a few years ago and had lots of fun. This reminds me I should do it again.

Amy said...

Love Love Love these pics!!! Looks like you great day!!