Well I have a confession to make....I made a goal at the beginning of the year with 3 'running' goals. Here they are:
1st: Run a 1/2 marathon...check (SLC 1/2)
2nd: Run the Wasatch Back...check
3rd: Run a second 1/2 marathon...ummm still waiting for this.
And actually I probably won't do it for a number of reasons. Since most 1/2's are on Saturday, between now and the end of October we are crazy busy with Football and soccer. I was going to run the Provo River 1/2, but was invited to go and hike Mt. Timp instead on that day. So my friend Annie and I were looking at other 1/2's to do, since she wants me to reach my goal too. We found one in November called the Snow Canyon 1/2. But now we have been invited to do a Grand Canyon Rim to Rim hike instead on that weekend. I think I am going to do it. And honestly, from what I've been told, it is just as challenging as a full marathon. We start at the North Rim of the G.C., and hike 5 miles down. At the bottom (where there is only a 5 ft elevation), we will RUN 9 miles across. Then we hike up 10 miles to the South Rim. For a total of 24 miles. It sounds a little crazy to do all in one day, they usually suggest completing it in 3 days, but that is during the hot summer months. I hope all of our plans work out in setting this up in such a short time, because this is something that I would love to check off my list and say that I've actually done it. When I first heard about it I was like, wow that sounds so cool...crazy, but cool.
So I guess my confession is that I won't be achieving my goals that I set at the beginning of the year...just tweaking them a bit. Now I just need to cross train, and get a few extra long runs in before November 7th!
4 comments:
Well, you've achieved a heck of a lot more goals than I have, so good job! That hike sounds awesome :)
You're a maniac. Good for you.
That is amazing. Goal or no goal you have done great this year. Way to go!!!
You go girl!!
Post a Comment