Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jace's 4th Birthday


Jace at Kangaroo Zoo....what a crazy dare devil he is.

He could have played in this tube for hours.

I don't know who enjoyed his nap more...me or him...notice the mustache from his chocolate milk. We live it up on birthday's around here!


Today was Jace’s 4th birthday, and I can’t believe how the time has flown. When he was born 4 years ago, it was the Friday before General Conference. What a great way it was for me to bond with my new baby, sitting in the hospital bed, being served every meal, holding my baby and listening to conference. Even though it was a cold and windy day today, we were able to do some fun things. Hannah had playgroup this morning for 2 hours, so I was able to take Jace to Kangaroo Zoo, just me and him. (The kids get a free ticket every birthday.) After about an hour of running around he said he was ready to go home. But since he wanted a pizza for his birthday lunch, we went to the store and picked up a pizza and looked at the bikes there. Just to see what was available. After lunch with Hannah, I started making the pumpkin pies that he requested for dinner (instead of birthday cake…why not have your favorite on your birthday right?). He said to me, “Mom, can I go take a rest on your bed?” Why sure…who wouldn’t want to take a nap on their birthday, his Broadhead traits show through more and more.
That night we had a little family party with Gramee and Bumpa, Grandma Bug and Cassidy, and also Kelly and Aimee. At Jace's request we had rice and chicken and of course the pumpkin pie for dessert. Jace was very excited about his extra large Transformer that talks. And amazingly enough it didn't break within the first 5 minutes! We had a great time hanging out with the family, and even Shannon our babysitter stopped by and brought Jace a present. Now on to plan the friend party!

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun birthday! And I love that he took a nap... what a cutie.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to such a cute little man. Love the pics!