Friday, September 04, 2009

Happy Birthday to Dad...oh yea...and ME!!!!!!

Well since we will be out of town for Labor Day weekend, I thought that I would make a quick post in honor of me and my dad. It was 34 years ago tomorrow, September 5th 1975, that my mom went into labor. Since it was the time before ultrasounds (not that my parents would have found out what they were having), the first thing that my dad said to Dr. Smoot was, "Well, it's my birthday, I already have 2 little girls, so this has GOT to be a boy!" (Well something to that effect anyway ;-) Oops sorry dad, I was a girl! But I've never felt that you were sad that I wasn't a boy, you FINALLY got a boy 10 years later. And I have LOVED sharing my birthday with you every year. Sometimes I have to remind you how old you really are, but that is just because we are both kids at heart! Like you've always said, the only thing that makes me look old, are the ages of my kids. I have loved the tradition of always being gone to the cabin over Labor Day weekend, because that means that we are spending time with our loved ones. While growing up, every birthday was at the Granny and Pa's cabin. And now we are making some wonderful memories at the cabin down in Fairview. (The first birthday I remember actually waking up in my own bed, was my Sweet 16...and then I had to cheer that night.) But it's always been wonderful to have this special day with you! (I'll post pics of me and my dad later.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I always thought it was cool that you shared your birthday with your dad. And that you always had your birthday at Granny's cabin. Happy Birthday! I've known you for many of them, and I even remember coming to many of your birthday parties, and watching you take a huge bite out of your birthday cake. :)