
Rachel's team (as best she can remember their names): ?, ?, Bailey, Macey, RACHEL, ?, Alexia, Autumn, Becca, Macey, ?

Rachel had some great defending skills!
Rachel just finished her 2nd year of soccer, and although it took a little bribing on my part (I told her she couldn't do gymnastics unless she did soccer), she absolutely loved this soccer season and can't wait until next year. I think one of the differences is having a coach...a really good coach...that teaches the girls rules and fundamentals of soccer. It was nice to not see 'a pack of kids' chase after the ball, and actually have defenders, forwards, and mid-fielders. One of her good friends, Autumn Redd, was on her team and they loved being defenders together. She also liked being on an all girls team, since she felt like she had just as much skill as anyone else. (In fact the first week she told me, "Mom, Becca and I are the best soccer players on our team.") I love it when kids think that they are the cream of the crop!
1 comment:
Cute! Don't you just LOVE when they start learning positions? It's so much more fun to watch.
Post a Comment