Nate had been wanting to put Hannah in a toddler bed for quite some time. But I wasn't rushing with the idea, because nap time and bed time were just too easy with a crib. I'd just set her in there, give her a kiss, hand her a book and a passy and would be on my way. Easy peasy. But in March, he came home with a cute little toddler bed, and couldn't wait to set it up for her. That first night, she was so excited to have a new bed, that she didn't even ask for a passy, and we just seemed to let it ride. So she loves her new bed, she doesn't take a passy any more....things are perfect right? Ya...right.
This is actually where Hannah sleeps most nights. On the floor next to her bed, or actually anywhere on her floor. It's not that she doesn't like her bed, but for some reason she always wants to sleep on the ground. I've even tried to scare her and say that there are spiders on the floor, but she doesn't care, she prefers the floor. Silly Girl.
And since she is able to get out of bed at night, she automatically comes into our room, to my side of the bed. The first couple of times I just pulled her into bed with us, but we wanted to avoid getting into that habit. So when she comes in, she is usually dragging her blankets and pillows, she'll drop them to the side of my bed, and run back in for any books or stuffed animals she went to bed with, while I lay them out for her. And she sleeps comfortably to the side of my bed, but at least it's not in my bed and it's not every night.
Next up POTTY TRAINING!
2 comments:
Hey, whatever's comfy, eh? That's so cute!
At least she's cute. And she has little, bendy bones that make almost any place a comfy place. I love that you put her to bed with a book and she's happy. I give Avery books for nap time, too. She "reads" them for a while and then drifts off. What a life.
Post a Comment