Monday, May 24, 2010

Rachel's Dance and Gymnastics

This past year Rachel participated in both a dance and gymnastics classes. She is really trying to find what she wants to 'do' when it comes to recreation. She keeps saying that she wants to be a cheerleader when she gets older, so I tell her she needs tumbling experience, but she loves to dance...and is always dancing and singing around the house. Luckily we found places where she can take both classes, and it wouldn't break the bank. A neighbor of ours, Stephanie Pace, runs a little dance class out of her house, and Rachel had a few friends in the class with her. Gymnastics was held and the PG Rec Center, and even though it was all around gymnastics, she learned (and is still practicing) some great tumbling skills. She starts coach pitch in a couple of weeks, and still plans on playing soccer this fall, so who knows what she'll end up wanting to do. I guess a little bit of everything doesn't hurt in the beginning.

Rachel and her dance class, her really good friend Olivia was also in her school class.

Little Bendy Girl.

She just loved her gymnastics teacher, Miss Brook, she did a great job encouraging Rachel during class.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So fun! LOVE gymnastics!! She's darling by the way!

Kim said...

oooohhhh I miss gymnastics. I took for 11 years and can't wait until my girls are old enough to take classes.

Jen said...

So, so cute! I love little girls doing gymnastics. :)