And all I can say is, "WHEW! That is a lot of work!"
Now I can see why all the fondue restaurants charge a small fortune to eat there, with all the prep work that goes into fondue.
I tried to keep it simple with chicken, beef, and shrimp for our meats. And then potatoes, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms for the veges. (I knew I couldn't get anything to 'weird' because the kids probably wouldn't eat it.)
The kids had a ball cooking their own food. But it was a lot of work for Nate and I since we had to cook not only for us, but also for Jace and Hannah. (Who probably ate the most since we were all giving them food to keep them occupied.)
Nate and I got to the point where we would just toss in a whole bunch of meat and let it all cook and then distribute it, that seemed to work better for little impatient tummies!
The kids REALLY want to try a chocolate fondue. I told them, that maybe for Valentine's day, we could have that as our special treat after dinner. We even started making a list of all the things we could dip in chocolate, amazing of what they came up with.
Here are a couple of pics before we got started.
3 comments:
I have a fondue pot, too. We've only used it once as a family - for the same reason you said. Tons of work. But, if you want to have some friends over, it's a lot of fun. I use mine for holiday gravy and other things that need to stay warm. I love seeing pictures of your family. Makes me smile.
I've always wanted a fondue pot. That looks so fun... and SO YUMMY!
Wow Sara... your gigantic platter is PERFECT for fondue! Now I totally have to have one! :) ...and I definitely recommend chocolate fondue for the kids... just don't let them wear white and remember to keep your camera CLOSE! :)
Post a Comment