Thursday, January 14, 2010

What a Morning!

We've had crazy mornings, but this morning wasn't really crazy...just funny. While I was getting the older kids off to school, Nate relayed this story/conversation to me:
Jace walks in saying, "Hannah, wanna wrestle?"
"No!" she squeals running away in a hopeful glee that he will chase her.
Sure enough he tackles her and starts to wrestle her. All the while she is screaming and enjoying EVERY minute of it.

The older 3 head off to school and Nate and I start to get ready for the day. Before I headed downstairs to quickly hem a shirt for Nate, I notice Hannah has my purse, so I retrieve it and put it on the top shelf in my closet. Five minutes later I enter our bathroom to find Hannah with my entire make-up bag dumped out, every lip-stick, eye liner, and anything else with a lid....off. And foundation all over her face. Yes I swore....but I actually spelled it out, so she really didn't know what I was saying (it's my way of staying calm, but releasing some frustration.)
Nate and I joke all the time that Jace and Hannah pretty much parent themselves, because we've all but given up.

Nate leaves for work and I start to get Hannah and Jace ready to leave to take Jace to preschool. Well luckily this morning Brady and Zack got Jace up with them and had him all showered and dressed when they came up for breakfast. (Yes I did thank them both...that saves me a lot of work.) But today was Pajama Day for preschool. We even chose PJ's for Jace to wear last night and had them on top of his dresser. I told him he needed to go and put those PJ's on. And for the next 15 minutes tried to convince him that he needed to wear PJ's to school. He fought me tooth and nail, until he finally said, "Mom, I don't want to sleep at school." He's a pretty logical thinker I guess. He still didn't believe me after I told him what he would be doing for pajama day. So when we got to school we asked his teacher if he had to go to sleep, only when she mentioned that they would be watching a Chipmunk movie did he do a 360 and decided that pajama day would be fun.


These are just some random pictures I had of Jace and Hannah...I'm sure they'll always keep us hoppin!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cute pictures. I hear ya on the "kids raising themselves" thing. Sometimes we feel that way too. Isn't it nice to have those older ones that we DID parent helping out with the smaller ones? I love how 4-yr-olds think, too. Our two boys must be kindred spirits.

Elena said...

It's funny how we expect our kids to understand everything we understand. But, to him pajamas=sleep. I can't blame him. As far as Hannah - she just wanted to be pretty like her mommy. Is that too much to ask? I think it's my middle child who is raising himself. I've got to give him more attention.