This year Nate was on two different basketball teams, one team was for our ward, and the second was a PG Rec team that included 3 of Nate's Brothers-in-Law. Sadly enough, I was only able to attend 1 game. Because I am a lazy wife, and I didn't want to drag 5 kids to any of the games. (Besides, most of the games seemed to be after our kids went to bed, or were needing to get to bed.) I felt bad, because I love to watch Nate play. He even had a season high of 27 points in one game. Towards the end of the season, Nate got burned out, not physically, but because he was tired of all the drama and fights that occurred. If you know Nate, basketball is his favorite sport to play, but he really only plays for fun. He tries to get along with not only his teammates, but the opposing team too. (And we all know how church ball can be sometimes...) But I had to chuckle at him when he was complaining towards the end of having to stay in the tournaments and play more and more games with onry players. After they won a second tournament game, in church ball, he had a conflict with the two teams playing at the same time. I asked him how many points he scored, and he meekly said, "Only 20...so it was a good game, I just want to be done." Well buddy your not helping the situation when you score 20 points. We are sure proud of him and can't wait to see him playing in years to come!

2 comments:
How fun. I know Jared would love to do something like that, but he just doesn't have time. (He's like Nate, though, not liking the drama and fighting.) It sure was fun seeing you guys... we've GOT to get together more. Maybe we Stafford's need to stop slackin!
Wow, 2 teams, he's pretty busy huh? Fun for you guys to go watch. Love the pics!
Post a Comment