Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things that don't mix....


You know the old saying of things that don't mix like oil and water, orange juice and toothpaste, fire and ice? Well I have one more to add to the list.....Jace and church. Let me elaborate for a few moments. In January we were at stake conference at the Alpine Tabernacle in AF. We just happened to be sitting in the front section off to the left, just in the back row. So there was an isle right behind us and then the rest of the congregation. Well after about 1 1/2 hours Jace had reached his limit. As he is climbing over, under and around the bench, I decided to just let him find something in the isle to occupy himself. (Big mistake) Well he did, he had snuck his wolverine guy in his pocket from the diaper bag. He launched that thing way up in the air and it landed about 3 rows back. Luckily no one got hurt, and the wolverine guy was quickly returned by a young boy. Then just a few weeks ago I had Sharing Time for Primary. Jace is now a 3 year old and sits in the front row with his Sunbeam class. As I am talking during Sharing Time (standing right in front of Jace) he reaches forward and lifts up my skirt. I'm sure my face was beet red. But after a few minutes and not realizing where I am standing HE DOES IT AGAIN! I can't reprimand him right there. So one of the other teachers comes and pulls him to the side and explains why we can't lift up mom's skirt EVER! Needless to say we had a great talk on the way home. (Half the time in Primary I just sit in the back of the room and roll my eyes at what this kid will do during singing or sharing time. His poor teacher!)

But honestly, I love that kid to death. He makes me laugh everyday, and I love spending one on one time with him. We have been in a mom and tot class at the rec center this year, and it has been so nice to have Hannah watched after in the nursery and Jace and I get to sing together, read stories, make treats and crafts, play games, and just have fun!

Every morning when he wakes up....he can't be happy until he has given me a good morning hug and kiss. (Morning breath and all!) I joke with Nate that I am like Jace's morning coffee....he is a grump until he's had a little sugar from his mamma!

Karen Allred in our ward mentioned that her son Derek (almost 19 and about to go on a mission), loves to watch Jace during Sacrament Meeting, since he is quite entertaining. This Sunday I think I may walk right into the Chapel and hand Jace over to Derek and see how entertaining he is for him now...hehehe!

Love you Jace!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like our 3-yr-olds could be clones! I could have written that same post almost word for word! Don't you love "Sunbeams?" My Hayden is almost identical. I'm kinda glad I'm not in primary right now. I'd DIE every week! I've even experience the skirt lift! :) But he is my sweetest little buddy too.

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Jen...I knew you would be able to relate....from reading your posts about Hayden, I feel the exact same way...word for word! Could you imagine the havic they would raise together? Heaven Help Us!

Amy said...

He is such a cute little guy. Isn't it funny how they do these little things that we are just hoping that they grow out of but then all the sudden we will miss it. Good luck with that. Cute pic.

Elena said...

At three I think all of my boys have not mixed well with church. We once had an almost stabbing incident with a pencil to underline that fact. I'm loving reading about your family. What cute kids you have.

Keeler Klan said...

I was laughing SO hard reading that post. Only the people who have actually experienced things like that have the right to laugh...and I'm one of them. Boys will be boys...Gotta love'em! :)He'a a cutie.

-Amberly