The older my kids get, the more I see that they are learning everyday lessons. A few weeks ago, Brady and Zack walked in from school, and Brady announced, "Zack and I got called down to the principals office today." A little surprised, I asked why and Brady quickly told me, with Zack hovering in the background. Well as it turns out, at the bus stop that morning (which is just in front of our house), there was a problem with throwing snowballs. It is a rule that no snowballs can be thrown at the school, which extends to the bus stops, before school and after school. Well Zack and a little neighbor boy started throwing snow at each other. But as older and more boys got to the bus stop, they all joined in and there was one little boy who started crying and getting alot of snow thrown at him. Two moms were there, which are good friends of mine, and called the school later to say that there was a problem. Well, about 9 boys got called down to the office and each one got a lecture on NOT throwing snowballs. Mrs. Tibbetts, the vice-principal, asked Brady if he would stay in with Zack, so that he wouldn't be scared, during his lecture. In talking with my friend later, she told me exactly what happened and how it all started. (Brady claimed innocence the whole time which I believe.) But Zack learned a great lesson that day. He usually is one of the younger boys that can get picked on. (I'm sure he was greatful at the time that he wasn't getting bombarded with snowballs.) In the end, Zack felt very bad for starting the snowball fight, and not helping out the little first grader, who was picked on. This is a picture of him writing a note of apology....tears and all! (And if you know my Zack....he is quite emotional, like me.)
2 comments:
Sometimes life's lessons are hard... but how great it is when your kids recognize that they did something wrong, and then make it right! You must be doing something right :)
That is great they came right home and actually told you they were called to the principal's office. I am sure that was probably hard for them. Sounds like you have some good boys.
Post a Comment