Sunday, June 14, 2009

Glow the Play





At Grovecrest Elementary every year the 2nd grade does the same play. So even though we saw this play 2 years ago when Brady was in 2nd grade, we were able to see Zack this year. It is a fun, short play, that has some really cute songs. And since it is the same play every year, all the kids in the school know all of the songs. Zack was a firefly in the play, which he was excited for because he didn't have any speaking parts. But the highlight of the play is that they have a song that includes turning out the lights and all the kids turning on their flashlights, and since the parent's performance is the last one, the kids get to keep their flashlights. They really do know what appeases to 2nd graders.

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

This looks really cute. I will have to have you tell me more about it since I think I will be doing a few more plays in my time at the Elementary. Zack looks great in his specs.

Jen said...

Fun! I love that they got to keep the flashlights. That's all my kids would need, too.