Rachel and Mrs. McAllister
We Did It! Class of 2021
In awe of the Diploma! ;-)
Rachel receiving her diploma...notice how tall she is compared to the boy behind her...poor girl!
Rachel officially graduated from Grovecrest Elementary Kindergarten on May 22, 2009. She was so excited for this day, it was fun to hear her try and practice her graduation songs without letting me hear them. If I asked, "Rachel, what is that you're singing?" She would furrow her brow and and say, "Mom it's a surprise for Graduation." There were quite a few friends in our neighborhood that were there too. Autumn Redd, Ali Robinson, Sage Floyd, Weston Clark, and Toby Reid. Even though they graduated on the 22nd, they still held school the following week with lots of fun activities like a dance festival, field day, a fun run, and an awards assembly. At the awards assembly on Thursday the 28th, Rachel was one of two kindergarteners that received the Perfect Attendance Award. I honestly couldn't believe that she had been there everyday. She was so excited to come home and show me her certificate. I told her to remember what a good feeling it was to get an award, so that next year when she is in 1st grade, she will have something to motivate her to go to school, even on those hard days. (Believe me we had a few of those in kindergarten, but somehow made it there every day...maybe I should get an award for pushing her out the front door when the bus is in front of our house...just kidding.) We're so proud of Rachel and glad that she had such a wonderful kindergarten year, we will miss Mrs. McAllister, but can't wait to see who the new teacher will be.
1 comment:
I totally think Moms should get an award for getting their kid to school every day. She looks so cute in her graduation gear!
Post a Comment