Right before school got out, Jace, Hannah and I were walking into PG Rec Center for morning aerobics. Since it isn't that busy of a parking lot, I let Jace either run ahead of me or walk behind me. Well that day he was lagging a bit, but still close enough that I could hear his footsteps. When he say's, "Mom, I'm on you." I turned around to see him walking on my shadow. So I let out a fake, "Ouch! Jace that hurts...stop...Stop!" He just looked up and gave me that devilish grin. And now it is a little game whenever we are walking somewhere for him to walk on my shadow, and for me to pretend that it hurts. (Although in the past 2 weeks, there hasn't been a whole lot of opportunity with all the rain.) But it beats dragging him along and making him hold my hand while walking in a parking lot!
(The picture of Jace is just one from the other morning. I let Jace make his own toast, since the other kids get to. But there is about an inch thick layer of butter on that toast. I let him take just one bite before I scraped off his future heart attack!)
6 comments:
I LOVE what kids come up with. They are so funny.
How cute is that.
aww, that is so cute. I love it. And, can I just say that I love how this story inadvertently is about me...morning aerobics?
Good to hear from you! It's funny because I always think of you guys when I think of moving because I wonder if Nate as serious about calling him when we sold our house, we almost did. Ha ha! You've had a new addition too it seems so cute! Good to see all seems to be going great for you! And I do miss your valentines cookies!!!
--Julie
He seriously is the cutest little guy ever. So so cute!
Glad to find your blog, since I never get to see your kids when I bump into you! They are growing so fast! When's your next race?
Post a Comment