Wednesday, November 09, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Our school start times were a bit staggered this year. Since Brady entered 7th grade, they have all the 'sevies' come for 1/2 a day by themselves...just so they can get a feel for the Jr. High. HELLO!...what a great idea...wish they would have done that for me. And then with Jace starting Kindergarten, he actually had to wait a week. Killer! If anyone has ever had a kindergartner...they know how excited they are and to see their siblings start and not them is pure torture. But all is well and school is in full swing. I'm feeling a 'little old' with a Jr. High kid now...but nothing that I can't handle! A few people have asked me how Brady is liking Jr. High, and I have to be honest...the first couple of weeks I didn't think one of us was going to make it out alive. There was a lot of adjusting on both our parts. A whole new world has opened up to Brady, and I really didn't like not being able to shelter him from that whole new world. But we have a pretty open relationship, and he knows he can tell me ANYTHING...and if he doesn't....I'll ask question after question until he does. Things are better now, and I really enjoy the time before the other kids get home and it is just him and I and he can tell me about his day.


Off to start the day...catching the car pool.

First full day.

They're so different in many ways...but I love it!

This was the 1/2 day as a 'sevie'

Ready to catch the bus.

Of course she wanted a shot of her hair...and black eye...oops!



First day was a success!

\
Glad they are there to protect their little bro!

But as you can see in the attitude...he needs no protecting!

I had to follow the bus to the school to get one last picture in!

I'm off mom...time for me to grow up. BOO!

No comments: