One Sunday in July we came home from church, and I was making a mad dash in the kitchen because we had invited our friends the Claysons over for dinner. While I was busy in the kitchen, I heard Brady say something to Jace about the chickens and they headed outside. (The kids checked on the chickens multiple times throughout the day, because they always wanted to be the first to find an egg.) Minutes later, I hear their excited commotion outside, yelling "We got an egg...we got an egg!" Oh we were all so excited! I pulled out the camera, had Brady place the egg back in the box so we could take a picture, and snapped a few pics. Back to getting ready for our guests, I was distracted when Brady said, "I thought that the egg would be brown." "Yea, me too." I replied as I finished making dinner. After the Claysons arrived, we were chit-chatting, and as I was telling them the exciting news about our first egg... Mr. Brady was at the back of the kitchen SNICKERING in the corner! I KNEW IT! He had planted the egg to see if he could fool us all and he did! What a little stinker. We had a good laugh, and I made him apologize to Jace. I did think it was a little early to get our first egg, but it was just a couple of weeks, and we were just so excited!
But the story doesn't end there....
A couple of weeks later, after I had put all the kids to bed, I heard some rustling out in the kitchen. (Not a big deal because the older boys are always grabbing something to eat late at night.) I didn't think anything about it, until I then heard a knock. So I walked down the hall to get the front door, and there on the kitchen floor, right in front of the fridge was the carton of eggs WIDE OPEN. Huh? Another knock, I look up and the motion light was on at the back door. I open it up, and there stood Jace, who had locked himself out because of the self locking doors. He had such a sweet, but guilty look on his face. So with the straightest face I could muster, I pointed to the chicken coop and said, "Go get the egg." He turned around and sulked over to the coop and pulled out the egg that he was going to try and fool Brady with the next morning. (I gotta hand it to the kid, at least he did it when he thought he wouldn't get caught...if only he hadn't left out the carton of eggs as evidence, and locked himself out of the house.)
Oh these boys. I'm sure we'll have a lot of laughs throughout the years with all these joksters!
They were so excited...to bad it was short lived.
Here's our REAL FIRST EGG....and yes it was Brady who found it, and it was his chicken...who he hadn't even named yet. But he remedied that and named her Uno!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!! CLASSIC!
What a funny story!
#1 - I LOVE that story. That's hilarious. #2 - Brady is so dang good looking. And grown up.
Post a Comment