When Brady was 1 1/2 we were in Reams Grocery Store in Provo, buying treats for a picnic. The layout of the store is complicated, there is only one way in and one way out. So if you forget something you must travel the exact path to retrieve it. Well we had our stuff, or so I thought, and were leaving the store when we passed a man rather rough looking, with long scragely hair and a beard, and Brady very loudly pointed and said, "Look mom, Jesus." Of course the man looked over, but didn't say anything as I hurriedly hushed Brady and made my way to the front of the store. Then I realized I forget something and had to back track, luckily I didn't see the man until we got to the front of the store but again Brady repeated; "Jesus, mom, Jesus" This time the man looked over and chuckled. But then I noticed what he was carrying - 2 cases of beer.
Cut his chin open when we lived in Springville at age 1 1/2.
Cut his chin open in Saratoga Springs at age 4, just after learning to ride his bike with no training wheels.
Cut his chin open when we lived in Springville at age 1 1/2.
Cut his chin open in Saratoga Springs at age 4, just after learning to ride his bike with no training wheels.
Brady taught himself to ride a two-wheeler. It was the summer before his kindergarten year and he rode a neighbors bike on our grass for about a week with a flat tire, which helped him get his balance. When he got his bike, I remember Nate standing behind him trying to hold the back of the seat for him and Brady, kept turning around and hitting Nate's hand away. I guess Nate was slowing him down...and he just wanted to go.
Easter weekend, 2004, in Blanding, Brady cut his chin open while riding his bike 20 stitches total, through 3 layers of skin. When we got home later that week, 3 hours after getting his stitches out he split it open half way again.
When Brady was in Kindergarten we were living in Saratoga Springs. One lazy Saturday morning in the winter, Brady had been watching cartoons and there was an info-mercial on a Sonic Breeze air cleaning system. Well soon I heard him talking on the phone and finally he said, "Yes my mom is here." He handed me the phone and the operator informed me that he had called the 1-800 order number. He said that he wanted our house to have nice clean air so we wouldn't get sick.
October 25, 2006 Brady is in 2nd grad and came home from school today with a brand new basketball. For Drug Awareness Week they had a Basketball Shoot Out. Brady made the most baskets out of all the second graders (about 100 kids). He made 22 baskets and the next runner up made 9. There were also winners in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grades.
When Brady was a Kindergartener the gas prices were up to $3.00 a gallon. Well after filling the van with gas, I jumped back in to leave. He asked my why the top numbers on the pump moved so fast and the bottom numbers moved slow. I looked over to see what he has talking about. Sure enough the top numbers were the price and the bottom numbers were the fuel gallons.
When Brady was a baby his dad would hold him out in front of him by the ankles. Brady would be flat as a board. We called it "Board Boy."
When Brady started 1st grade I was pregnant with Jace. It was a hard adjustment for him getting up at 6:30 and staying in school all day. Well when I finally had Jace in September, Brady would get up with his alarm clock, jump in the shower and come and wake me to get him breakfast. He just wanted to hold Jace before school. It made it a lot easier for him to get ready if he knew that he could hold Jace. He would also come home from school and hold him while I took a nap. It was a big relief to me to have Brady take on so much responsibility.
October 7, 2008 Brady is 9 and in the 4th grade, this was his 1st year of tackle football. On his last week of practice he had a helmet to helmet hit that gave him a mild concussion. The next day he had a constant migrain and was throwing up all day. He had to miss the last 2 practices and final game, but he still went to cheer on his team.
October 2008, Parent teacher with Miss Wright...Brady is getting all A's
Halloween 2008 Brady sliced his pinky finger while carving pumpkins and had to get 6 stitches.
December 23rd 2008 Brady and Zack were out sledding with Brady's friend Mitchell. Mitchell tried to talk Brady into 'ditching' Zack or making Zack leave, but Brady kept telling him "No, Zack is staying." He and Zack finally left Mitchell and came home. (Proud Parent Moment)
November 2008 Brady and Zack started piano lessons and just before Stephanie Reid came to teach them, Brady walks into my room with tears in his eyes and says, "Piano lessons are so freakin' retarded!" I just chuckled to myself and said "Oh well." So he was first to go have his lesson and when it was over he came back in my room and said, "Okay it wasn't that bad." Sweet justice I tell ya!
I will always remember the prayer that I asked Brady to give May 14, 2004. This was the day of Nate's motorcycle accident. I had gotten the call from the police officer and had frantically thrown the kids in the van in their pj's and sped off to the hospital. We were on Lehi Main Street just passing the Albertson's when I asked him to say a prayer. It was so sweet and sincere. He knew exactly what to say being only 5 years old. He asked for his dad to be okay and asked that I wouldn't be scared. As soon as he finished I had an immediate calm come over me. I've reflected and reminded Brady of that prayer many times since then, telling him what great faith he had at so young of an age.
Easter weekend, 2004, in Blanding, Brady cut his chin open while riding his bike 20 stitches total, through 3 layers of skin. When we got home later that week, 3 hours after getting his stitches out he split it open half way again.
When Brady was in Kindergarten we were living in Saratoga Springs. One lazy Saturday morning in the winter, Brady had been watching cartoons and there was an info-mercial on a Sonic Breeze air cleaning system. Well soon I heard him talking on the phone and finally he said, "Yes my mom is here." He handed me the phone and the operator informed me that he had called the 1-800 order number. He said that he wanted our house to have nice clean air so we wouldn't get sick.
October 25, 2006 Brady is in 2nd grad and came home from school today with a brand new basketball. For Drug Awareness Week they had a Basketball Shoot Out. Brady made the most baskets out of all the second graders (about 100 kids). He made 22 baskets and the next runner up made 9. There were also winners in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grades.
When Brady was a Kindergartener the gas prices were up to $3.00 a gallon. Well after filling the van with gas, I jumped back in to leave. He asked my why the top numbers on the pump moved so fast and the bottom numbers moved slow. I looked over to see what he has talking about. Sure enough the top numbers were the price and the bottom numbers were the fuel gallons.
When Brady was a baby his dad would hold him out in front of him by the ankles. Brady would be flat as a board. We called it "Board Boy."
When Brady started 1st grade I was pregnant with Jace. It was a hard adjustment for him getting up at 6:30 and staying in school all day. Well when I finally had Jace in September, Brady would get up with his alarm clock, jump in the shower and come and wake me to get him breakfast. He just wanted to hold Jace before school. It made it a lot easier for him to get ready if he knew that he could hold Jace. He would also come home from school and hold him while I took a nap. It was a big relief to me to have Brady take on so much responsibility.
October 7, 2008 Brady is 9 and in the 4th grade, this was his 1st year of tackle football. On his last week of practice he had a helmet to helmet hit that gave him a mild concussion. The next day he had a constant migrain and was throwing up all day. He had to miss the last 2 practices and final game, but he still went to cheer on his team.
October 2008, Parent teacher with Miss Wright...Brady is getting all A's
Halloween 2008 Brady sliced his pinky finger while carving pumpkins and had to get 6 stitches.
December 23rd 2008 Brady and Zack were out sledding with Brady's friend Mitchell. Mitchell tried to talk Brady into 'ditching' Zack or making Zack leave, but Brady kept telling him "No, Zack is staying." He and Zack finally left Mitchell and came home. (Proud Parent Moment)
November 2008 Brady and Zack started piano lessons and just before Stephanie Reid came to teach them, Brady walks into my room with tears in his eyes and says, "Piano lessons are so freakin' retarded!" I just chuckled to myself and said "Oh well." So he was first to go have his lesson and when it was over he came back in my room and said, "Okay it wasn't that bad." Sweet justice I tell ya!
I will always remember the prayer that I asked Brady to give May 14, 2004. This was the day of Nate's motorcycle accident. I had gotten the call from the police officer and had frantically thrown the kids in the van in their pj's and sped off to the hospital. We were on Lehi Main Street just passing the Albertson's when I asked him to say a prayer. It was so sweet and sincere. He knew exactly what to say being only 5 years old. He asked for his dad to be okay and asked that I wouldn't be scared. As soon as he finished I had an immediate calm come over me. I've reflected and reminded Brady of that prayer many times since then, telling him what great faith he had at so young of an age.
No comments:
Post a Comment