When Zack was about 2 1/2 he had a pink phobia. He wouldn't eat anything pink like yogurt, ice cream, milk, jello. He also started putting up a fuss when I would clip his nails, so I threatened that I was going to paint them pink if he didn't let me...he would give in immediatly.
Cut his chin open at about age 2.
Ran into the piano and cut his left eye lid open at age 3.
He loves to draw. First ever 'best' drawing was a blue car, age 5 1/2, just as he started kindergarten. (I have is taped in my notebook...soon I will scan it in.)
October 2006 We were driving in the van the other day and Zack said to me, "Mom you know how when Uncle DJ was on his mission we would say 'Bless Uncle DJ to teach thy gospel...' I can't wait for when I am on my mission and everybody says, 'Bless Uncle Zack to teach thy gospel' It will be fun to have you guys call me Uncle Zack." I didn't have the heart to tell him that when he is on a mission he probably won't be an uncle yet.
Ever since Jace was born (Zack was 4 1/2) in Sept 05, Zack has always mentions in his prayer "And bless mom to have another baby."
He also usually blesses me to have patience....hint well taken.
Zack is known as the sound effects guy around our house (everything has a sound: food, shapes, household items).
October 25, 2006 Today in the van Zack said to me, "Mom, do you know why cars have honkers?" I just had to laugh how he referred to horns as honkers.
When we moved into our home in PG, he also described the bathroom downstairs and upstairs as the "hookers bathroom" Because there were over 50 hooks on the wall.
Zack was also know as "Board Boy" Nate would hold him out in front of him by the ankles and Zack would be stiff as a board.
When Zack was in Nursery in Saratoga Springs I went in to collect the primary roll and every teacher in there was giggling. Well the music leader had just asked the circle of kids, "What is your favorite song?" Zack was the first to yell out, "Whoomp There It Is!"
April 10, 2008 We were at the Cavette drill team showcase, where Rachel was in the Jr Drill Team. During a break they asked some boys to come down and do head stands. Zack jumped up with 3 other boys and was the longest lasting head stand. He won a giant candybar.
October 2007 Zack was 6 years old and we went down to Hee Haw Farms for FHE. They have a "Chase the Pig" contest where kids get in the pen with little piglets and have to grab them by the legs. Zack was the first in his age group to catch the pig.
March 2008 Zack was almost 7 and was playing down at the farm with Jaxon. The Smiths had a skunk in a trap behind their house, because it had been crawling under their house. Well Jaxon ran past the skunk 1st and must have startled it, because as Zack ran by he got sprayed by the skunk. It got a little bit in his eye which stung quite a bit. Aunt Chalise washed his hair twice. When he got home he got smeared with tomato paste and soup, and took 3 showers. It still lingered on him for 2-3 weeks. His clothes were thrown away. I remember his crying in the shower and saying, "This is the worst day ever!"
After Hannah was born in the dead of winter, I made the kids come straight home from school wash their hands and put on hand sanitizer. Well one day when Zack asked if he could hold Hannah, I asked him if he had washed and sanitized his hands. He proceeded to tell me that he didn't like the hand sanitizer because "It tasted like the wall." (How the heck does he know what the wall tastes like anyway?
Christmas 2008 Zack got toys, Brady got snow gear and a Rip Stick (for outside of course) I heard Zack say, "Brady, my hot wheels set and lego set can be both of ours." Proud Parent Moment.
When Zack was in the 1st grade in Ms. Hulls class he won a Hula-Hoop Contest. He is still the champion Hula Hoopster in our family.
Cut his chin open at about age 2.
Ran into the piano and cut his left eye lid open at age 3.
He loves to draw. First ever 'best' drawing was a blue car, age 5 1/2, just as he started kindergarten. (I have is taped in my notebook...soon I will scan it in.)
October 2006 We were driving in the van the other day and Zack said to me, "Mom you know how when Uncle DJ was on his mission we would say 'Bless Uncle DJ to teach thy gospel...' I can't wait for when I am on my mission and everybody says, 'Bless Uncle Zack to teach thy gospel' It will be fun to have you guys call me Uncle Zack." I didn't have the heart to tell him that when he is on a mission he probably won't be an uncle yet.
Ever since Jace was born (Zack was 4 1/2) in Sept 05, Zack has always mentions in his prayer "And bless mom to have another baby."
He also usually blesses me to have patience....hint well taken.
Zack is known as the sound effects guy around our house (everything has a sound: food, shapes, household items).
October 25, 2006 Today in the van Zack said to me, "Mom, do you know why cars have honkers?" I just had to laugh how he referred to horns as honkers.
When we moved into our home in PG, he also described the bathroom downstairs and upstairs as the "hookers bathroom" Because there were over 50 hooks on the wall.
Zack was also know as "Board Boy" Nate would hold him out in front of him by the ankles and Zack would be stiff as a board.
When Zack was in Nursery in Saratoga Springs I went in to collect the primary roll and every teacher in there was giggling. Well the music leader had just asked the circle of kids, "What is your favorite song?" Zack was the first to yell out, "Whoomp There It Is!"
April 10, 2008 We were at the Cavette drill team showcase, where Rachel was in the Jr Drill Team. During a break they asked some boys to come down and do head stands. Zack jumped up with 3 other boys and was the longest lasting head stand. He won a giant candybar.
October 2007 Zack was 6 years old and we went down to Hee Haw Farms for FHE. They have a "Chase the Pig" contest where kids get in the pen with little piglets and have to grab them by the legs. Zack was the first in his age group to catch the pig.
March 2008 Zack was almost 7 and was playing down at the farm with Jaxon. The Smiths had a skunk in a trap behind their house, because it had been crawling under their house. Well Jaxon ran past the skunk 1st and must have startled it, because as Zack ran by he got sprayed by the skunk. It got a little bit in his eye which stung quite a bit. Aunt Chalise washed his hair twice. When he got home he got smeared with tomato paste and soup, and took 3 showers. It still lingered on him for 2-3 weeks. His clothes were thrown away. I remember his crying in the shower and saying, "This is the worst day ever!"
After Hannah was born in the dead of winter, I made the kids come straight home from school wash their hands and put on hand sanitizer. Well one day when Zack asked if he could hold Hannah, I asked him if he had washed and sanitized his hands. He proceeded to tell me that he didn't like the hand sanitizer because "It tasted like the wall." (How the heck does he know what the wall tastes like anyway?
Christmas 2008 Zack got toys, Brady got snow gear and a Rip Stick (for outside of course) I heard Zack say, "Brady, my hot wheels set and lego set can be both of ours." Proud Parent Moment.
When Zack was in the 1st grade in Ms. Hulls class he won a Hula-Hoop Contest. He is still the champion Hula Hoopster in our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment