Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Starting up again...please read first!


Well here it is...a Holmes Family Blog. Nate actually started this blog about 4 years ago, but it wasn't a big deal back then. So when I mentioned that I thought that we should start a blog, he said..."We already have one." I totally had forgotten about this blog spot. So now I am going to attempt to keep it updated and be able to archive family happenings. Nate will also be adding his computer genius to this page. So here is my first post as a new blogger.

A little background as to what I will be adding. For the past 7 or so years I have kept a notebook, usually by my bedside, that I like to call "mom's notebook." I actually got the idea from my Granny. Born in 1913, she had 4 children, my mom being the youngest. She kept a notebook also, that my mom and her siblings found when she passed away in 2001. It was a record of all the happenings of her children, mainly accidents or injuries. My Uncle Bruce was the winner of entries in her notebook. They got a big kick out of seeing how many times he had gotten stitches or broken an arm, so on and so forth. So I decided to keep my own record of not only those type of happenings, but also funny things that my kids say (you know when they make a comment, and you think "Oh I need to write that down"), accomplishments or comments that their teachers or other people tell me about them. Nate actually turned me onto the idea of putting it on our blog, because he likes to have a duplicate copy of everything. (And I totally agree, I would be crushed if I ever lost my "mom's notebook"). Now of course my older children have a lot more entries than the younger ones, but I will add them as they come about and as I remember them. I am not the best notebook keeper, and I will remember stuff from years back, so beware they are not all in chronilogical order, but the dates are fairly accurate. So if you would like, go ahead and click on one of our children's name and see what crazy stuff they have been up to!

No comments: