Friday, January 23, 2009

We can't forget Nate


Well I havn't always had a section in my 'mom's notebook' for Nate, but I sure wish I would have all along. He makes me laugh everyday, well almost. I have started to remember funny things he says or does, and will add them as I do. I sure love him and it has been a wonderful 12 1/2 years of laughter and tears...mainly from laughing at his little antics.

February 2007 Waking up at 2:30 am to grout the tile in the kitchen in PG. Nate kept on saying, "What were we thinking?" We didn't finish until 6:30 am.

April 22, 2007 Nate was looking online for ideas on Brady's 1st Pinewood Derby 'Truck'. He turns to me and says, "They only problem I can't figure out is how much of this I am going to let Brady do on his own."

Summer 2008 Nate wanted to build the kids an awesome treehouse. He told be the budget would be between $500 and $700. Well it ended up being $1600! But he did finish it in one summer. We had some tree trimmers over when he was framing it up and they asked me if he was a framer by trade, and mentioned how good his trusses looked and how he used brackets on each truss like they do in Park City (because of the snow). They were quite impressed with his work. Nate's chest puffed out a little when I told him that night of the compliments from the tree trimmers.

December 2008 Nate was working for Generations Network and signed up for a 'Sub 4 Santa' program with Foster kids. He was given $80 and 2 year old Micah's name who had asked for shoes, a coat, and a wooden toy. Nate decided to build him a toy box. It brought the Foster Care Coordinator and Micah's Foster Dad to tears when they learned what Nate had done. And they didn't even know that he had stayed up until 2:30 one morning to finish it.

Christmas 2008 For neighbor gifts of younger families that we knew, Nate wanted to do something special. He built 11 small picnic tables with our 'help'.

No comments: