Friday, January 23, 2009

Jace


Jace loves his dad and does prefer to be held by him. The kids always say, "Mom if Jace is happy he wants dad, if he is sad he wants you."

When Uncle DJ came home from his mission in August 2006, Jace was 10 months old. At the airport Nate held Jace up to DJ to introduce them. DJ was holding Jace who immediatly put his head on DJ's sholder and started to cuddle. He has loved him ever since.

At about 1 year old, everytime I would pull Jace out of his carseat, he would see Nate's mortorcycle and "lunge" for it from my arms. I usually set him on it for a few seconds, just to appease him. He already has a love for it.

Jace started cutting his molars at 1 year.

Jace never was a "Board Boy" like his brothers. We would hold him by the legs and say, "Ready - Set - Go!" Jace would then flip back and loved being flipped and tossed around.

Jace has 2 favorite blankies green and blue osh-kosh ones, and a favorite puppy named Radio.

When Jace was 2 we noticed that he had some deep cavities in his back molars. Well I took him to a pediatric dentist when Nate was in Singapore. Little did I know, but Jace wasn't covered on our dental insurance. He had to wait to have his cavities fixed until after Hannah was born, because we missed the open enrollment with Nate being gone. We were able to add Jace to our insurance just after Hannah was born.

We should have named him Race instead of Jace.

Jace is our only child (out of 5) with brown eyes. Everyone else has blue...I think it is because he is so full of ......

Jace is a mini Nate...always going...going...gone.

Jace at age 3 has constant leg aches. I think they are growing pains. Nate believes that they come from jumping off everything that he comes in contact with.

At 2 1/2 Jace loves to dress up in princess mommy dress-ups. (All because of Rachel of course.) He also loves to eat off of a princess bowl, plate or cup.

At age 3 when Jeffery was living with us, he would tease Jace and say to him, "My Hannah." Jace would get upset and say, "No, my Hannah." And it would go on and on. Now when he sees people out in public and they comment on how cute Hannah is, he immediately blurts out, "My Hannah." He is very possesive of her.

December 2008 The past few months I have caught Jace picking his nose and eating it. I've tried to discourage him and explain that he is eating bugs, it's gross, even cleaning out his nose with a Q-tip and showing him how gross it really is. But now when I catch him picking his nose he says, "I not eating it!" Like it's okay if he doesn't put his finger in his mouth.

January 2009 Jace does not like to be called cute. If I say to him, "Jace you look cute." He quickly replies, "I not cute, I handsome. Hannah is cute." And then I ask him, "If you're handsome, and Hannah is cute, then mom is..."
Here are his replies:
"Mom is beautiful"
"Dad is cool"
"Rachel is pretty" (He says it more like pitty)
"Zack is awesome"
and "Brady is easy" (Don't ask me where he got that from...but it always cracks me up.)

When Nate came home from Singapore December 2007 after being gone for 10 weeks, he had Jeremy bring him home from the airport as a surprise to us all. I answered the door, so we were able to have a quiet greeting. The (4) kids were in our room watching a movie waiting to go to the airport. Well Jace was the 1st to notice Nate over by our bed, and he ran and hid behind the couch. He didn't know what to think. This of course broke Nate's heart. It took Jace a good 1/2 hour to even warm up to Nate. But after a quick WWF session, he was back to his old self...in love with his dad.

No comments: