Since I am the next one to have a baby on my side of the family, guess what I have been bombarded with? CLOTHES! CLOTHES! CLOTHES! There are 5 older girls in my family, and we have always passed around and handed down clothes to one another. Whether it be kids clothes or maternity clothes. There were 3 large bins of maternity clothes....which I quickly trimmed down to only 2 bins. (Because styles change quite frequently.) One thing that I had tossed was a pair of maternity overalls. I remember wearing some similar being pregnant with Brady, but seriously no one wears those anymore. But as I was putting in my garden the other day, and having my pants keep slipping down and cussing underneath my breath, I quickly retrieved those overalls from the DI pile and finished my work with ease. They will have to be a gardening staple for me this summer. (I told Aubree and Ashlee that I kept them, and that yard work is probably the only reason they'll ever wear them ;-)
I was given all the baby boy clothes from everyone. HOLY COW! There were so many clothes, and I know that they will keep coming. But it's okay, I'm not complaining...just wondering if I really need to buy anything besides diapers? Seriously, as I was sorting through the baby boy clothes, I didn't keep anything that had a stain or a rip or wasn't in near perfect condition. Just to give you an idea of the wardrobe possibilities that this baby will have if it is a boy is a picture below. These are the shoes for 0-6 months old. There are 14 pairs...YES 14 PAIRS! I couldn't believe it. And they are all in GREAT SHAPE...others were already tossed.
Next up are the baby girl clothes...I honestly fear for when all those are brought to me...because we know how much more clothing options there are for a baby girl over a baby boy!
1 comment:
That's so great you pass the clothes along, for as short as they are worn when they are babes, it really saves some moolah huh? I'm so excited for you guys to have another little babes, you really do make such adorable kids! :)
Post a Comment