Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trouble Markers/Makers

So one day in early April, just after I had gotten the kids off to school, Hannah came walking into my room with a permanent marker in hand. I knew there was trouble from that look on her face. I quickly went into the kitchen to find this:



Jace was ever to innocently eating his cereal, when I asked him who had written on the cabinets. He was quick to blame it on his little sister of course. But come on, I know she's clever, she was even probably the one who had stood on the counter and found the one marker I leave in the kitchen. But she doesn't know how to spell. Scribble yes...so I blame her for part of it.

But then this picture is proof that it just wasn't her. I guess I should be glad that a 4 year old knows his sister's name starts with an H.



Luckily there is the Magic Eraser from Mr. Clean...that works ever so beautifully on some things. (See I had already erased the J from his name in the picture.) Otherwise I probably wouldn't have found the humor in the situation. (And don't worry they were punished for their deed, and now that one marker it hidden in my bedroom.) Even after the washing the sweater numerous times the H is still there...it's a good story I guess.

No comments: