Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last/Late Snow Storm

A week or so before Memorial Day, we had our garden tilled and all prepped for planting. In fact, we had a welcoming BBQ at our house for 3 new families in our ward, and I was saying how I was planning on putting in the garden the next day. Well it was a little rainy that next day, so I decided against it. And then the next Monday...this happened.




YIKES! I was so glad that I waited. (But got an ear full from neighbors that had decided to put their gardens in that next day, because everything of theirs was either ruined or frozen.)

But we had enough trouble with the center willow tree in the backyard. In fact for FHE that night, Nate pulled out the chainsaw, and we all worked together to clean up the mess left from the storm.




I'm glad for the fact that I waited to put the garden in. But now we are deciding if we should cut down the center willow all together. It seems that every year we have either a late or early snow storm, and those willows have such a hard time with the weight of the snow. It is amazing what Mother Nature can do in just a few hours or minutes.

No comments: