Well they say when bad things happen...they happen in 3's. The first bad thing was the snow storm taking down our willow trees, the second was that the water line to our fridge popped off and flooded our kitchen....3 times. (The 3rd time, was in the middle of the night and we didn't catch it for about 2 or 3 hours....Brady came running up in the middle of the night, both Nate and I knew exactly what had happened. So now we are dealing with homeowners insurance and replacing lots of drywall.) But the last thing on the list is our little buddy Jace. One night when Nate had a double header for softball, I decided not to go and get the kids to bed at a decent hour. Well Jace and Brady were racing down to bed and Jace ran into a wall and split his head open. And you know how head wounds bleed. Even though Nate was at a ball game, and Brady could babysit...I still wanted to have our friend Brett Clayson who is a P.A, look at it and just make sure it was 'stitch worthy'. So I drove down to the ball field and grabbed Brett real quick...which I'm sure Nate was wondering what the heck was going on. Of course it was pretty deep, and so we went to InstaCare, but were back at home just after Nate got home from his game.
Jace was pretty brave, and was super excited to get a yellow sticky hand for his efforts of not crying. They actually stapled the wound back together...which I prefer, because it's so much faster. After 10 days, and I told Jace it was time to go get the staples out...he got a little worried and didn't want to go. But luckily Nate took him, and again he got a little toy. I just hope and pray that's the last of our troubles for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment