Friday, May 11, 2012

Boston Baby!

At the beginning of April, 2012, Nate and I went on a trip with our good friends' the Claysons' to Boston, MA. One of the main reasons we were going was because, Annie, was running in the Boston marathon. We went for six days, and had a super fun time. Sight-seeing, yummy food, and forgetting about our daily cares was just what we needed. Here are some pictures from our trip:
"The one place in Boston where you can sit and drink a cold Sam Adams, while looking at cold Sam Adams" -Our Tour Guide.
Nate at the headstone of Sam Adams, one of our Founding Fathers.
The two oldest buildings in Boston...still standing...right off Spring Street.
Of course our tour guide had to wear a British Red Coat. He was a character, but made the tour AWESOME!
Nate and the memorial for Paul Revere.
Nate, Annie, and I went on a sweet run through Cambridge to Harvard Square. I don't think we even scratched the surface on what there was to see there. But it was a great run. (Not as much 'fun' as mine and Annie's 8 mile run the day before in down-town Boston, where we got COMPLETELY lost. Thank goodness for GPS on the iPhone!)
The Boston Temple.
Brett not really wanting to get his picture taken...HA!...Too Bad!
Nate and I at the Boston Temple. Very beautiful inside.
Annie picking up her race packet at the Fitness Expo...it was great to meet people from all over the world that had come to Boston, just to run in the race.
Nate just before entering Fenway Park. What a show they put on!
RedSox Game...what a blast! I'll never hear 'Sweet Caroline' by Neil Diamond the same. And I can HONESTLY say the best hot dog I ever ate...aka...a Fenway Frank!
The building, 585, behind Brett and Nate is where Mitt Romney's Headquarters are. We felt we needed a picture.
One of the many harbors in Boston.
Warship from WWII, in a dry dock at Old Ironsides.
Brett and Annie...such good friends!
Old Ironsides...the oldest warship still standing (floating). It was used in the Revolutionary War.
Nate and Sara, love this man for putting up with my crazy ideas!
Cannoli, need I say more? If you go to Boston, you must visit the North End where there are endless Italian places with THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD! Yummy...yummy! We first tried Modern Pastry (after our tour guide said it was the best for fresh) for cannoli...it was good, but the shell was a little thick. Then we went to the infamous Mike's Pastry....YEAH....now I can see why they have made a name for themselves. Absolutely Amazing!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sara! How fun! I would LOVE to go to Boston... what fun things to see. Glad you had such a great time. :)