Friday, May 11, 2012

St. George

On May 3, 2012 we had the opportunity to travel down to the St. George temple and watch Nate's sister, Becky, be sealed to her husband Liam and new baby girl, Elaina. They were married civilly last year in April. And as much fun as their wedding was then, their temple sealing was absolutely AMAZING. I've never seen a sealer so emotional, and filled with the spirit. He had us all in tears. What a wonderful thing for us to witness. And what was even better, was that Becky's 4 children living with them, Gracie, Madison, Jordan, and Max, were all able to come into the sealing room and witness the sealing of their family. There was also a touching moment, when I had the opportunity to speak with Becky's ex-mother-in-law, Debbie. She was there to show her support, love and appreciation to Becky and Liam for creating a family for her grand-children to grow up in. I'm sure it's heart breaking to see your own kids' make mistakes and the impact it can have on everyone around them. But to look for the better outcome and embrace it takes a lot of faith. Although I didn't take my phone or camera to the temple, this is the only St. George picture I got. We spent the next day swimming and shopping and playing on the red rocks. Before I knew that Jace had taken off, he was almost all the way to the top of the tallest rock. I swear that kid will take notice of what is the most extreme thing he can accomplish (like which rock is the tallest) and he'll just DO IT! Makes me afraid for his future adventures. Luckily Zack was with me and caught up to Jace, to make sure he could get down safely.

No comments: