Since Rachel's birthday is December 27th, I pleaded with her to have a summer birthday party when I was 9 months pregnant with Hannah. Last summer was the first of the 1/2 birthdays, and when her birthday rolled around in 2008, again I promised that she could have a summer birthday party again. Well summer came, and we were really busy as a family, but she kept talking about her party all summer long and of course WOULD NOT let me forget. So before school started we had her birthday on Monday, August 17th. She absolutely loves the Fancy Nancy Books, and checks them out at the Library whenever she finds them. (For those of you who don't know who Fancy Nancy is she is a little girl that makes and says everything fancy...very cute books.) So we had a Fancy Nancy Tea party, that was a HUGE success. Every little girl came that we invited (except those that were out of town and Kaylee her cousin...Chalise still feels bad about forgetting.) I even had a few little girls in our neighborhood, who sometimes hang out with Rachel, ask if they could come. And Kaylee Allred missed the first day of school, she goes to a charter school, to attend. (That made me feel a little guilty, but she said it was worth it.) Brady and Zack 'willingly agreed' to be the waiters for the party, they even dressed in church pants and white shirts. Brady was also willing to wear his pink tie, but I said that it wasn't necessary, since most waiters, get a little dirty working. It was also a great opportunity to teach the girls, and my boys a little about manners and proper things to say when at a fancy restaurant.

First things first: Since Fancy Nancy has tight curly hair we had to put curlers in the night before, and of course Hannah got in on the action, but they didn't last more than an hour in her hair. Rachel was a darling Shirley Temple the next day.


Yummy food...I set out the food buffet style, so the girls could pick out what they liked. Brady and Zack's assignment was to make sure their drinks were never empty, and get them second helpings of whatever they wanted.

Rachel and her friends: Clockwise from top left Taylor, Rachel, Kaylee, Hannah, Sage, Rachel and Kierschtie, Suzi and Alex, Kaila and Ali.

All the 'Fancy Girls'

Brady, Rachel, Zack....aren't they good sports for becoming 'slaves' during their sisters' party?

Here is Zack serving strawberries.

Brady refilling a drink...he even had to clean up a few spills.

Rachel with Grammee's Parasol....this was the hit of the party. Grammee donated all of her 'jewelry' (which is more than one person can wear in a year), for the little girls to dress up in during the party.

She LOVED everything that was given too her, even though we talked about how presents are not the reason why we have parties, it is to celebrate and spend time with our friends. (We're teaching manners every chance we get.)
6 comments:
First of all we LOVE FAncy Nancy, she's the best. What an adorable party, you way outdid yourself. i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Good idea on the half birthday too.
Wow! What a good mom you are. That has to be the cutest party idea I've seen in a while. We don't know Fancy Nancy... my girls are past that, I guess :) I love the boys being waiters. What great sports! LOVE IT!
Oh sooooo cute. I haven't heard of Fancy Nancy, but I guess that will change in a couple of years. Everything looked so dang cute.
LOVE IT! So much. She's such a pretty girl. I'm glad you're having fun doing the girly thing. Can't wait to do stuff like that.
How fun! I wish I was a little girl, so I could do stuff like that.
OH MY GOSH...that looks like so much fun. Can I say that I am sad I wasn't invited? And the food looks so yummy! sigh.
Post a Comment