Monday, August 10, 2009

Shannon

This is just a shout out to my awesome friend/babysitter/kids friend/taxi driver/big sister/backup for whatever and whenever....Shannon Menlove. I'm sad I don't have a picture of Shannon, because I think she is a beautiful and wonderful girl. I just want to remember how much I appreciate her and all she does for me and my kids. We first met Shannon when we moved to PG, 3 years ago, she was 14 then, and was begging to babysit my kids. So we signed her up again, and again, and again. She just loves my kids, and they love her.
Rachel considers Shannon her big sister. She is always calling Rachel to go to movies, paint nails, or just go and do girly stuff. Just last week she took Rachel for an afternoon and they made tons of flower clips for Rachel to wear to school next week.
A funny little story that happened yesterday; Shannon and her family were sitting across the aisle from us in church. When Hannah started to become unruly, I tried to usher her over to Shannon who was bribing her with a package of smarties. (But Shannon's dad was sitting next to the aisle... he is a pretty big guy, but just a big teddy bear. But of course Hannah was a little intimidated, and ran for the smarties and ran right back to me....we all just chuckled a little.) It was worth a shot though.

But as I write this, I start to remember all the awesome people that my kids have had the opportunity to associate with in their short little lives already. Scout Leaders, like Angie Mazeika who spoil the cubs. And 2nd moms like Annie Clayson, that just feed Zack whenever he is over there. It is so great to live by so many awesome people and have the associations that we do.

No comments: