Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nickelback Concert

For our 13th Year Anniversary, I got Nate Nickelback Concert tickets. (Kinda selfish, because they were really for both of us.) But last night the 26th of August was the concert at the USANA Amphitheater in West Valley. We both love to listen to Nickelback, but could have gone without all the swearing between the songs. The pre-performing bands Papa Roach and Hinder liked to use the F word a lot. Nate leaned over and said teasingly , "Wow I didn't know this show was going to R-rated." But my favorite song that Nickelback performed was the song 'Photograph'...it starts our "Look at this photograph, every time I do it makes me laugh..." It was cool because they displayed pictures up on the big screen of everything he mentions in the song...even Kim the first girl he kissed and her kids since she's had since then. But the funniest part was towards the end of the song they had a picture of different scenes from Utah like the Delicate Arch, Bryce Canyon, etc. They showed a picture of Steve Young...which everyone boo-ed, then a picture of some Crazy Ute Fans....everyone cheered, then a picture of the Salt Lake Temple...sadly enough everyone boo-ed again. You could tell we wern't in Utah County...in fact it was hard to tell we were in Utah at all with everyone drinking and smoking. That was the first 'Rock Concert' I have ever been too. I've gone to plenty of country concerts and such, but this was quite an eye opener to see how prominant the church is in my life. (Which I am EXTREMELY greatful for!)
Both Nate and I discussed how our kids have no hope as to going to any concerts without a chaperone. But it was a fun night and great to get away and spend some time with my cute hubby.

(PS...Nate did get me some great anniversary gifts too...beautiful flowers, a USB powered external hard drive for all my pictures, and a waterpik. You may wonder why the waterpik, but Monday I got braces, and he had heard that a waterpik would really help the whole braces thing....which he was totally right, and I have been using it night and day since my mouth is SO SORE!) I'm sure I'll have some pictures later of my braces...since I'm in for the long haul...2 years...YIKES!

2 comments:

Jen said...

How fun... but how sad that concerts have to be that way sometimes, huh? We love that song, Photograph. Oh, and I'm about to get Eryn a waterpik too. My dad suggested it. I can't wait to see you with braces :)

Amy said...

Wow braces, you lucky girl you! Good luck with that. Yah, we've gone to a few concerts lately and just have to kind of laugh at people, glad you had fun even though it was an eye opener. Seriously I'm banning my kids from anything until they are 18, sheesh!