
Today is mine and Nate's anniversary. It is crazy how fast time flies, but I'm glad that I have had the privledge to share them with Nate. I would like to share 13 random memories and/or reasons of why I love Nate and why I married him:
1. When I lived in Manzanita Hall at SUU, I was walking home from church one Sunday and looked at the parking lot to where my car was parked and it was shimmering in the autumn sunlight...since Nate worked on the freight crew at Albertson's he decided to saran-wrap my car with a large roll of industrial plastic wrap. It took a knife and scissors to get it all off.
2. Nate is a very thoughtful gift giver to me. He always ponders and asks many women what they would want for a gift. They've even said, "Wow, I wish my husband would take time think about what he is getting me."
3. He made ME a huge cheesecake from scratch to ask me out for the first time....that was a hook, line and sinker.
4. Nate is a very hard worker and seems to always have energy to get the job done.
5. It took him 3 weeks to kiss me after we started dating, but we had seen each other every day of those 3 weeks.
6. He is a great dad to our kids, and still wants more....that's border line crazy though.
7. We wrote each other FAITHFULLY for his 2 year mission. And even though he was on a tight budget, he still remembered to send little (and big) gifts from the mission field.
8. Nate loves to spend time with just me. From time to time, he will say, 'Um how long has it been since you and I have gone on a date?'
9. One night, when we lived in Cedar City, and there was about 3 feet of snow on the ground, he came home from work at 4:00 am, and decided to stand outside in his garments for a good full minute and then run and jump into bed with me and 'snuggle'. I was mad then, but we can laugh about it now.
10. He loves basketball...and honestly I LOVE watching him play basketball. He is naturally athletic, and I love that about him.
11. Nate is known as the family fence mender. He always says that it is best to take the humble road, and not have contention among those you love. Even though he has been shot down in the past, he still tries to 'mend family fences'.
12. On our honeymoon to California, we had a BALL. Seriously, it was the funnest trip I have ever been on. When we were at Six Flags, he was literally dragging me from ride to ride like a little kid. He wanted to ride the scarey rides as much as possible. I'm glad that he still hasn't lost his childhood boyness attitude.
13. He loves life. We are both so happy with the life that we've created together. Even though I know we both make mistakes, we definately have learned from those mistakes.
I love you Nate...thank you for a wonderful and lucky 13 years!

(Brady was our photographer for these pictures....and when we told him that we wanted to take some pictures of us kissing...he just giggled like a little girl.)
3 comments:
Aw! Congrats. That is so sweet. and I love the kissing pictures.
How sweet Sara! Conrats on 13 years!!! Are we really getting old? I love yours and Nates comments to each other. Your kiddos are so cute! What fun "girly" things I have to look forward too like Fancy Nancy! I can't wait!!!
Happy Anniversary. The years sure do fly by, don't they!? I loved reading your 13 things. So cute :)
Post a Comment