Well we started the school year August 20th. And now the 3 oldest go full time. This is the odd year I guess....Brady is in 5th, Zack 3rd, and Rachel 1st grade. When they came home I had homemade cookies waiting, a tradition of ours for the 1st day. (Which I am kind of rethinking....then I'm stuck at home all day with a TON cookies.) But I spoiled myself and celebrated by going to 2 aerobics classes that day....I'm sure I'll find plenty to do with my time as the school year goes on. I asked the kids what their favorite part of the 1st day was and Brady said: Science, Zack said: Recess, and Rachel said: Seeing Mitchell Menlove's Mom and Shannon at the cafeteria (Teresa works there as a lunch lady, and Shannon was on her lunch break.) It is nice to have some order back to the house and have it quiet when Hannah goes down for a nap. Jace was willing to ride the bus to his school, so it took a lot of explaining that his school doesn't start for a couple of weeks. He will actually have 2 years of preschool, since his birthday is in September. For now I'll enjoy having the younger 2 here, and not being worried about getting home every day at 12 to meet a kindergartener.

Off to school.

All the troops ready for the big day.

Jace and Hannah 'helping me make cookies'...Hannah looks happy now but she had a fit when I let Jace hold the beater and not her...sheesh!

Brady off the bus.

Rachel and Autumn....good freinds and first timers staying the whole day.

Zack and Burghandy, glad to be home.

Brady's friend Mitchell Abel....always a character.

Finally eating some cookies and telling me about their first day.
1 comment:
What a cute picture of all 5 at the bottom of the steps! And I love them getting off the bus. I'm glad to hear they had a great 1st day :)
Post a Comment