Thursday, December 17, 2009

10th Ward Christmas Breakfast

This year we were finally able to attend our annual ward Christmas Breakfast. The past 2 years we havn't been able to attend because of family parties and baptisms happening at the same time.

It was a lot of fun to enjoy a meal with our ward family, but I'm sad at the changes that have been made in the last couple of years that we didn't know about.

First of all the breakfast started at 10:30...seriously, does anyone who is on the Activities Committee have kids? Of course my kids were up at 7:00 on a Saturday to watch cartoons, and had already eaten breakfast. So I guess it was more of a brunch for our family.

But second, and most sadly, is that they didn't have Santa there. I remember growing up and always having Santa at our ward Christmas functions. I know Christmas shouldn't revolve around Santa, but it is kind of a given to have him there I thought. Oh well, now I guess we get to go and wait in a long line somewhere so that my kids will have an opportunity to have their picture taken with Santa this year.

But I won't complain publically because then someone will say, "Then if you think you can do a better job...go ahead." Sorry that is one calling I really don't miss! I like attending ward functions and actually being able to eat and socialize!


Since I was having a great time socializing at the ward breakfast, I forgot to pull out the camera. But I did get one cute shot of Kaylee Allred, Suzy Lane and Rachel...they are good little friends.

2 comments:

Lené and David said...

I would have to say to your question nope. Most of the ppl on the Activities Committee including David and I don't have kids or most of their kids are in or almost in their teens. Plus, David and I are working on that.

Sorry about not having Santa. There wasn't a whole lot of planning because we got a new couple for the chair ppl. I didn't completely agree with at least one thing, but oh well. I know they wanted to focus the breakfast more on Christ because you wouldn't have Christmas without Christ. :)

Btw it was Laurens idea to have the party at 10:30. We actually wanted to have a dinner instead, but thought it would be too expensive bcuz we only had $100 to use. Hard times.

This is the 3rd Christmas Breakfast that I was apart of that I couldn't attend. Sux.

Elena said...

Next year come to your old ward's party. We'd all love to have you here and your kids can sit on the Santa's lap. :)