Sunday, December 20, 2009

You Missed Ball for That?

If you know Nate, you know that he has had a Saturday morning ritual, since the beginning of our marriage. Basketball....in fact there are few times that he EVER and I mean EVER misses ball on Saturday mornings. But it's okay, it gives me a chance to sleep in, which I love...and he loves hanging out with his old friends and brothers-in-law. I remember when we first moved to Pleasant Grove, he got up early one morning and went in search of early morning ball. (In Saratoga they played Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat.) And much to his dismay, he stopped at a number of churches in the area, only to find women working out, or cleaning personnel in the wee morning hours. Luckily he was able to find a group that goes to our Stake Center on Tuesday and Friday's. But he still drives out to Saratoga Springs on Saturday's, just so he can play with the old gang.

So last Saturday, December 12th, you can imagine my amazement when I heard a machine running outside. We recently purchased a snow plow for one of the 4-wheelers, and he was so excited that it had snowed, just so that he could put it to good use. Even the next day on Sunday, when it was snowing all of the heavy wet snow, he and the boys went out and put themselves to 'work'. Okay, they were doing service work, but I'm sure it didn't feel like work to them. In our neighborhood, there are quite a few older couples, and most of their driveways are quite steep. In fact after pulling out a couple of cars down the road, he found the Milward's just around the corner from their house stuck in the snow. Bro. Milward was actually on the phone with AAA, calling for help, because he knew it was Sunday and didn't want to bother anyone. But Nate and the boys' got them out and then quickly plowed their driveway and a few others so that they could pull up into their garages.


This was the noise that I woke up to Saturday morning.

Sure beats shoveling!

2 comments:

Elena said...

Gotta get me one of those:). There is a guy that just moved in to the Davis' old house that has a John Deere that he used to clear last week. Gotta get me one of those, too.

Jen said...

I'd get out there, too if I had one of those. It looks fun! Much better than shoveling, that's for sure ;)