Halloween was a wonderful warm day this year. The kids had their annual school parade on Friday, which makes it feel like the holiday lasts 2 days, and Trick-or-Treating was great, we also decided to wait until that day to carve our pumpkins...since it was so warm outside.
I have a tradition of buying all my kids' candy every year. I let them pick out 10 pieces of candy, and then the rest is mine. My theory is that I'd rather pay them a little cash than the dentist. Plus I HATE picking up the wrappers that constantly don't make it to the trash. I always send the bag of treats with Nate to work, where his co-workers have a free-for-all. I usually give them $10 each...but this year it was only $5, because I had recently paid $40 to pull a giant pumpkin down from a crane to splatter on the ground. (Don't ask....it's kind of a long story, that I'd rather forget ;-) But they were happy with their payment, and so was I.

Rachel, Zack and Brady at Grovecrest's 2009 Halloween Parade.

This was Jace's Halloween party at his preschool...notice his sad face when his cotton candy fell down on the stick! We were also able to hang out with Jake and Courtney Clayson...they are Jace and Hannah's good friends.

The family carving pumpkins...my favorite way to carve a pumpkin is to use a jig-saw and a drill. Of course these tools belong to my cute hubby Nate, but I clean them really good...I promise!
The giant pumpkin going up on the crane.
The aftermath of the pumpkin dropping...a well spent $40 ;-)
Brady was a Zombie Football Player this year....but refused to wear the shoulder pads.
Zack was Harry Potter...boy did we open a can of worms with this one!
Rachel was a green butterfly...her request this year was that her and Hannah have the same costume...this is the best I could do.
Someone was a little grumpy when he couldn't find his Bakugon gloves.
That's the cutie pie I know...Jace was 'Dan' from the Bakugon cartoon. Honestly he doesn't even know who that caracter is, but when he saw the Bakugon label on the costume in the store...that was it...he had to be a Bakugon.
Little Hannah was a cute little blue butterfly for Halloween.
I just had to add in this picture of her chubby cheeks...makes me want to go and kiss them!
Nate was a good sport and dressed up in this Cpt. Jack Sparrow hat to take the kids Trick-or-Treating.
All the kiddos ready to head out...we always pull the youngest in the wagon, it makes for easy in and out...plus Hannah was done after the first 3 houses.
What a group!
It's so fun to come home and dump out the loot!
Just wanted to show what my $20 bought this year.
Jace made these 4 cute Halloween projects in pre-school. I didn't want to save them for a whole year because I know he'll make more. But we did want to take a picture of the artwork and the artist.
1 comment:
your kids are all so cute!
Post a Comment