Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Sunday









We had a great Sunday before Christmas, that really got us in the mood for the upcoming week. I love going to Sacrament Meetings that are mostly music...especially Christmas music. That afternoon Nate was able to take the Young Men around to deliver Toy Boxes that they had made. For those of you that don't know the story behind our Toy Boxes...I'll give you a condensed version. When we lived in Saratoga Springs and Nate was in the YM...he started building toy boxes for needy families...and then we would have a ward toy drive and find specific families to take them too. It is a great tradition that is in it's 7th year. I can't believe it has been that long. And with making between 5 and 6 toy boxes each year, Nate has put in a lot of time and money to make this tradition even better. He carried on the traditon the first year we moved to PG...and it has stuck and even grown since. Those deacons learn a great skill, and I love hearing how the deliveries went from Nate when he gets home. The spirit really touches everyone involved. Our kids love to help out in the shop, and sometimes put in as much time as the YM...(I've dubbed it 'Santa's Shop' during November and December.) I'm usually more involved with organizing the toys...but a young man in our ward took over that part this year as part of his Eagle Project. (It was a nice little break for me, I guess.) Everyone is very giving and there is never a want left untouched. I am so greatfull that Nate has brought this experience into our lives and I hope that we can continue on with the tradition for many many years. Sadly, I don't have any pics of the toy boxes from this year...I'll have to go hunt some down through our older files of years past.

3 comments:

Elena said...

I can't believe how big they are. Such a beautiful family.

Jen said...

Your kids look so cute all dressed up! And what a cool tradition for Nate to have started. Sounds awesome!

Hatch Family said...

wow! what a great tradition nate started for your family and others. i would love to see a picture...