Today is my sweet Hubby's birthday...he is now officially mid-30's. But sadly enough he isn't here to celebrate with us. Since his birthday is so close to Christmas, I stress every year on what to get him. This year was no different, but thankfully our good friend, Brett Clayson, asked Nate a few weeks ago if he would like to head down to Vegas for the Las Vegas Bowl that BYU is playing in tomorrow. Nate was reluctant at first, because they won't be coming home until the morning of Christmas Eve...but inside I was saying, "GO! GO! Then I won't have to think up birthday gifts and Christmas gifts for you."
So tomorrow they are going to the football game. Wednesday they are going to catch a round of golf (weather permitting), and also they got tickets to a basketball tournament that is down there and BYU is playing in. Wednesday night they'll drive to St. George and spend the night at Brett's Uncle's condo...then they will get up early and come home Thursday morning. Hopefully when he gets back I can give a better report on how his birthday trip went, and maybe add a few pictures too.
I did get him a BYU hoodie, since he has been complaining that most of his sweatshirts are really worn out. And since he couldn't a have birthday cake with us, I made hime a big batch of Tapioca Pudding to take on the road with him. (We have a tradition, that you don't have to have cake on your birthday, but you do get to choose whatever dessert/treat you want. Candles can go in just about anything.)
I love you babe, and I hope you have fun on your 'Man Trip'. I'm so thankful for all you do for our little family and so happy that you make my life a living dream!
2 comments:
That sounds fun. Happy Birthday Nate! I hope he has a great time in Vegas. And I completely agree... you CAN put candles in just about anything!
Happy Birthday, Nate! I'm with you on shopping for my man. So hard. Tom went to the BYU Oklahoma game in Dallas for his Christmas present - in August.
Post a Comment