Saturday, December 12, 2009

Brady and Zack's Piano Recital

Also on Halloween we had a piano recital. Zack played Chim-Chim Cher-ee from Mary Poppins and Brady played Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. They are in their 2nd year of piano lessons, and really enjoy it. I hardly have to remind them to practice...they just know that it is something they do everyday. I just wish they would play more appropriate songs for the season. I rolled my eyes every time I heard Jolly Old St. Nick this summer. And now they are both playing the Harry Potter song constantly, Zack thinks it's cool that he is now playing Brady's recital song. (And like I said we've opened a can of worms with Harry Potter and Zack.) Their teacher is BriAnna Jenkins, who lives just down the hill from us and is in our ward. She is great and the boys have improved a lot in just the couple of months they've taken lessons from her.

A funny little story about piano lessons. A few weeks ago Bro. Friel in our ward was giving a talk in sacrament meeting and mentioned that he wishes he was more musically inclined and that his mom wasted a lot of money on piano lessons for him while growing up. Brady leaned over and said, "See mom, you're just wasting a lot of money on our piano lessons." I just smiled and said, "Nope it's totally worth it to me." (Why did he actually have to be listening at that point in sacrament meeting anyway?) He really does love it, and likes it when his friends are around and he can play something for them that they'll recognize. He may only have one more year of piano lessons after this, but we'll see what he wants to play when he gets to Jr. High. Zack on the other hand is dead set on playing the drums...just like I did...so I keep telling him, if he wants to play the drums, he's got to have a good piano background so that he'll be an awesome drummer.





1 comment:

Hatch Family said...

your boys are super handsome!